Figgjo Kraftselskap A/S was founded in 1941 by Harald Lima and Sigurd Figved. Five years later, the first tunnel kiln was put into operation which is still in use today as a glaze kiln. In 1947, the factory converted to the production of glazed earthenware. The company changed its name into Figgjo Fajanse two years after that, and started exporting to Denmark and England in 1951. In the early 60s another conversion took place. The company began to produce vitro porcelain that was specially developed for the hospitality industry. In 1968, Figgjo Fajanse merged with Stavangerflint A/S, its biggest competitor. Six years later, merger negotiations were started with Porsgrunds Porselænsfabrik but ended in failure. Stavangerflint's factory closed down in 1979 and production was taken over by Figgjo Fajanse that subsequently changed its name into Figgjo A/S. The factory is still known by this name and continues to produce glazed porcelain for the Norwegian market and the hospitality industry to this very day.