Stavangerflint was a Norwegian factory that started its production of pottery tableware in English flint in 1949, both for consumers and businesses. The improved market conditions and growing domestic demand for tableware shortly after the end of WW II were the basis of the foundation of Stavanger Fajansefabrikk. Under this name, the company developed a clay mixture and production process creating a new quality of flintware that would later be known as Stavangerflint. It was based on a recipe invented in England around 1750 by Josiah Wedgwood. The factory used the name of this material to market its products as strong and durable. In 1952, Stavanger Fajansefabrikk changed its name into Stavangerflint A/S. By adding the word 'flint' to the company name, the quality angle of the products would be enhanced. Eventually, the factory merged with its competitor Figgjo Fajanse A/S in 1968, but continued to produce its goods under its own name. In the late 70s, the factory closed down and production was taken over by Figgjo A/S.